Bassetts has been involved in the Gun Trade since 1927. In those early years, in addition to the sale of Shotguns, rifles, and Accessories - hand loaded cartridges were produced. In the inter war years these had names such as 'The Butser', 'The Champion' and 'The Royale'.
The production of shotgun cartridges was revived in more recent times when the Eley factory was severely damaged after an explosion. This necessitated Bassetts purchasing Ariste Automatic Cartridge Loading Machines from Italy, when the supply of Shotgun Cartridges on the home market became increasingly scarce.
The present management have run the firm since 1967, having recently moved to it's present location, where it has sourced new Shotguns, Rifles, Gun Cabinets and accessories for the discerning customer.
Alterations, Restoration, Servicing and Repairs for Airguns, Shotguns and Rifles are also available together with Storage facilities for local clients.